2014 Brush Collection Schedule
|Monday, Apr. 7
Monday, Apr. 21
Monday, May 12
Tuesday, May 27
Monday, June 9
Monday, July 7
Monday, Sept. 22
|Tuesday, Oct. 14
Monday, Oct. 27
Tuesday, Nov. 11
Monday, Nov. 24
Brush Collection ends on Wednesday, November 26
Leaf collection will be ongoing throughout autumn, ending November 30 (weather permitting)
Christmas tree collection from December 26 through January 10, 2015
- Brush will be collected twice monthly during the months of April, May, September, October and November. These collections will occur on the 2nd and 4th Mondays of each month. If a designated Monday is a holiday, collection will occur the Tuesday immediately following.
- Collections will occur once per month during the months of June, July, and August. These collections will be on the 2nd Monday of each month, with the same holiday provisions.
- Collections will occur as necessary and as weather permits in the remaining months of the year.
- Normal and usual Residential lawn, shrub and tree trimming debris will be removed by the Village. There is no intent to provide removal services for commercial enterprises or, for example, tree removal. Excessive levels of debris will be removed for obvious village housekeeping reasons, but excessive and unreasonable levels of-removal costs will be billed to the landowner. Excessive debris shall mean tree limbs greater than 8″ in diameter. The homeowner shall be given a minimum of 5 days written notice of the village’s intent to bill the removal cost to the homeowner.
- Leaves and Brush must be separated. Brush and limbs must be no longer than 6 feet and limbs less than 8″ in diameter. No garbage, trash, or building materials will be accepted. Plastic bagged material will not be accepted. Un-bagged grass clippings will be collected. Landscape contractors and tree surgeons are responsible for removal of their own debris.
- Brush must be placed at curbside no more than 48 hours prior to the scheduled collection date. It is understood that all debris from any property is placed directly in front of that property and on the same side of the street/road as that property. Violators will be subject to fines per Chapter 190 of the Zoning Law. Any individual placing brush on village property will be ticketed.
- The collection schedule will be adjusted as necessary for severe weather events.
- Autumn leaf collection will continue to be performed as required and not subject to the above schedule. Leaf collection will continue until November 15 (unless significant snowfall occurs earlier).
- It should be noted that any attempt to import brush or any other debris from outside the Village of Sodus Point for purposes of collection by village personnel will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
- The scheduled collection dates will be published yearly and copies will be available at the Village Hall throughout the year.
- The Village maintains a brush drop-off site at the old water plant on Featherly Drive for those residents who cannot adhere to the 48 hour prior to pick-up window for curbside collection. It is the responsibility of the homeowner or occupant to transport brush to this site.